Monday, July 06, 2009

A Wedding and a Visit from Grandma

Monday, July 06, 2009 by Dawn B
Hey all,
Althea here. I suppose you've all been wondering what I've been up to lately.

In addition to taking in some rays pool side, we've been having some exciting adventures the past few weeks.
THE big social event of the year on my calendar was the wedding of my Kia to Tommy. Kia has held MFB status (most favored babysitter) at Chez Burnett for . . .well, most of my life! I'm going to miss her and her crazy fun now that she and Tommy have moved to the far away land of Minneapolis. I'm waiting to see pictures of their castle there. As I explained to my mommy--Kia is the bride and Tommy is her handsome prince.
By the way, I am REALLY into weddings right now. If you happen to appear in my mommy and baba's wedding photos--you're a celebrity in my book!
Despite my fascination, I've decided not to get married until I'm older . . .5 or 6. My daddy thought 6 at least.
We've also been doing a bit of travelling since I saw you last. (This blog proudly brought to you by Travelocity.)

No, seriously, we took Cindi & Mark's gnome with us to the Black Hills for various photos ops. Cute little guy, isn't he?
Of course, while we were there, we had to visit Mart Mushmore . . .I mean . . .oh, you know, the faces on the mountain. Mommy says I look quite presidential in this shot. Then she shuddered. Silly mommy!



We went to the Black Hills with my Grandma Cyndy. (She's my grandma!) I'm a little bit concerned in the picture at right because the gnome is taking this one. Should we really be entrusting our camera to this guy?



One of the best parts of our Black Hills trip was riding the 1880's train. Very cool.


Once you're on and the train is moving though, they explain that it actually recreates a train ride more from the 1890's. What's the deal with that!?!

Despite their historical sleight of hand, it was a very fun trip. I got to hold the tickets.

We spent only a few days out there--just long enough to celebrate mommy and grandma's birthday. They share a birthday. Weird eh? They seem o.k. with it, but I'm glad my birthday is all mine!


We got back home and took grandma out to see the falls. Seems last time she was in town, the folks forgot to take her to see them. She thought the town was called Sioux Falls just as one of those fanciful whims--sort of like the 1880's train. Well, she knows better now.





So toodaloo for now from all of us here in lovely Sioux Falls.
Hope you're all having fun summer advntures too!
Don't forget to be silly sometimes.
Love,
Althea

<< Home